U.S. securities laws, and the laws of most countries in which Jabil does business, prohibit trading of any stock or other securities while in possession of inside material, nonpublic information regarding those securities. Insider trading, insider dealing and stock tipping are prohibited at Jabil. These are some important definitions that will assist you in understanding the types of activities that are proscribed.
Inside Material Nonpublic Information:
Any non-public information that a reasonable investor is likely to consider important in making investment decisions. This includes any non-public information that would influence your own decision to buy or sell a company's stock or other securities. Even the appearance of insider trading should be avoided.
Insider Trading or Insider Dealing:
Personally buying or selling stock or other securities of a company while in possession of inside material, nonpublic information about that company.
Disclosing inside material, nonpublic information about a company to allow a person to buy or sell stock or other securities of that company based on that information.
Observance of the following will help you to avoid an allegation of insider trading:
- Do not buy or sell stock or other securities of a company while you have material, nonpublic information or inside information about that company.
- Do not recommend or suggest that anyone else, buy, sell, or retain stock or other securities of any company while you have material, nonpublic information inside information about that company.
- Do not disclose material, nonpublic information inside information to others unless they have legitimate business reason to know it and such disclosure is made in compliance with Jabil's Regulation FD Policy.
- If the inside information concerns Jabil, disclosure is only appropriate if it is necessary for Jabil to carry on its business properly, and you have taken appropriate steps to prevent misuse of the information.
- Consult with Jabil Legal if you have any questions.
Please follow this link to read and comply with Jabil's policy on Insider Trading.