50% of Meters Worldwide Contain Jabil-Manufactured Electronics
Jabil Smart Meters
The global smart meter market continues to experience significant growth, which is being driven by government policies and energy conservation efforts mandating the deployment of smart electricity, gas and water meters, as well as increasing smart grid deployment. The smart meter market is expected to grow to an estimated $20 billion by 2022 and is a key driver to the future of renewable energy.
A Proactive Solutions Partner
Jabil has over 17 years of experience in the smart meter market with more than 150 million Jabil-manufactured smart meters operating in the world today. Jabil delivers technological and innovative solutions to all the leading brands within the smart grid and meter industry. This extensive experience makes up approximately 50% of meters worldwide that contain Jabil-manufactured electronics. With a global manufacturing footprint serving geographies in Europe, Asia, and the Americas, Jabil partners with smart-meter companies to ramp volumes quickly for large deployment programs while managing local and complex global supply chains.
Jabil also supports the design and manufacture of the entire smart meter ecosystem, which reduces the risk of interoperability issues. Offering complete end-to-end manufacturing solutions, we provide hardware, firmware and mechanical design in addition to prototyping, testing, validation, and verification for meters and smart grid devices.
Jabil’s highly technical and collaborative smart-meter partnerships offer:
- Single point of accountability for product quality and delivery
- Faster time-to-market from design to delivery
- Reduced logistics costs and tailored regional supply chain solutions
- Higher product quality and reduced exposure to liabilities
- Reduction in working capital and fixed asset base
- Fewer interoperability issues
Jabil’s smart-meter capabilities and expertise include:
- Design with vertically integrated mechanics and plastics solutions:
- Telecommunications and connectivity expertise: RF, HMI, WiFi, and ZigBee
- Designed HMI platforms
- DFM/DFT expertise
- Risk reduction with intelligent supply-chain management
- Manufacturing agility and scale in all major regions (Americas, Europe, Southeast Asia):
- Full assembly and build of meter electronics and mechanicals
- Semi and fully automated solutions as needed
- Full meter test and certification:
- Meter and sensor testing
- Ultrasonic sensors for gas metering
- Direct experience with virtually all major utilities such as British Gas, EDF, PG&E, and SoCal Tepco
Jabil’s smart-meter certifications include:
- ISO 9000, 14000, and 18000
- Measuring Instruments Directive (MID)
Jabil’s best-in-class, end-to-end services accelerates time-to-market and ensures market leadership for our customers. Through the years, we have also partnered with our end customers’ energy providers to better understand their requirements and deliver key solutions. From design and fabrication through testing and an intelligent, digital supply-chain that ensures you build in the right location at the right cost, Jabil delivers technological and innovative solutions for the smart meter market – building a sustainable tomorrow, today.