Helping Companies Bring Innovative Mobile Accessories to Market Faster
Jabil solves complex global supply-chain issues for some of the world's most well-known and successful producers of mobile accessories. We provide advanced, innovative product design and breakthrough materials-science expertise in injection molding and metal and plastic decoration. Jabil solutions enable high-volume production combined with cutting-edge mechanical design and precision machining — without sacrificing quality or product design.
Jabil's vertical capabilities in design engineering and manufacturing and our rapid ramp-up of new technologies helps our partners transform their cost equations, achieve long-term growth, and continually delight their customers with amazing, affordable, and well-built products that disrupt even the fast paced mobility market.
To compete in the mobility age, designers need to consider:
- Bluetooth, WiFi, and GPS connectivity
- Sensor capabilities
- Simplicity and style
Mobile accessories typically use elements mounted in a wide variety of materials such as glass, textiles, plastics, and ceramics. They require custom, innovative design and precision manufacturing using advanced techniques in injection molding and metal and plastic decoration. And with high-volume mobility items, the pressure to bring products to market rapidly is enormous. The supply chain, from materiel management through shipping, must perform flawlessly to return profits while volumes soar and prices fall.
Jabil recognizes the unrelenting acceleration in the pace of change, and that uncertainty and risk abound in both mature and emerging markets. To ensure customers’ sustained growth, Jabil simplifies these complexities by providing end-to-end product development with comprehensive engineering capabilities.
With operations in over 90 sites in 23 countries, we’ve designed and built mobile accessories such as speakers, headphones, docks, and chargers. We build these and other vertically-integrated solutions on a foundation of:
- Product strategy and conceptualization — research, branding, user experience, and industrial design
- Design engineering — product design and engineering
- Materials technology — molding and tooling, visual and complex mechanics
- Innovation — advanced manufacturing, assembly, test processes
- Automation — high-efficiency, complex, and high-tolerance process robotics
- Design verification and test development — production test development, meticulous failure analysis, reliability testing, and Jabil test platforms optimize final assembly, test, and pack (FATP) processes from firmware programming and board test through customization, labeling, and packaging
Our capabilities specific to mobile accessories include:
- Silicone molding/liquid silicone rubber
- Metal stamping and precision machining (CNC)
- Decorative metals, plastics, coatings
- Plastic injection molding/metal casting
- Decorative 2.5D, 3D touch displays
- Laser selective plating
- Structural and stress analysis/simulation
- Antenna design
- Manufacturing test development
- Product validation
- Tool/fixture design