Augmented- and virtual-reality devices such as headsets, glasses and visors, consoles, and projectors are dramatically changing the ways people work and play. Augmented-reality devices add sensory information to a user’s environment to aid human-machine interaction. For example, an architect can view a design with a 3D CAD projector and modify features with hand gestures. Virtual-reality devices replace the sensory information in a user’s environment, immersing the user in another world.
All these devices and their hybrids use complex optics, sensors, and other electronic elements mounted in a wide variety of materials such as glass, textiles, plastics, and ceramics. They require custom, innovative design and precision manufacturing using advanced techniques such as active alignment. Particularly with consumer electronics in this nascent market, the pressure to quickly get products into consumers’ hands is enormous. The supply chain, from material management through shipping, must perform flawlessly to return profits from high-volume, low-margin sales.
We recognize the unrelenting acceleration in the pace of change, and that uncertainty and risk abound in both mature and emerging markets. To ensure customers’ sustained growth, Jabil simplifies these complexities by providing end-to-end product development with comprehensive engineering capabilities.
With operations in over 90 sites in 23 countries, we’ve designed and built virtual-reality video glass, smart pens, sports and IR-tracking cameras, and mobile accessories. We build these and other vertically-integrated solutions on a foundation of:
- Product strategy and conceptualization — research, branding, user experience, and industrial design
- Rapid prototyping — results in hours, not weeks
- Design engineering — product design and engineering
- Materials technology — molding and tooling, visual and complex mechanics
- Process innovation — advanced manufacturing, assembly, test processes
- Automation — high-efficiency, complex, and high-tolerance process robotics
- Design verification and test development — production test development, meticulous failure analysis, reliability testing, and Jabil test platforms optimize final assembly, test, and pack (FATP) processes from firmware programming and board test through customization, labeling, and packaging