Creating Certainty in Unpredictable Environments
Jabil has broad, long-standing relationships with Industry leaders in large form factor capital equipment servicing a range of markets including Semiconductor, Automated Test, Energy delivery and Infrastructure, as well as a number of equipment providers to device manufacturers across the value chain.
Simplifying Complexity. Accelerating Innovation.
The race is on. The markets we serve are in the business of building smaller, faster, more powerful, electronic devices — the kind that drive the proliferation of technology into our everyday lives. The manufacturing equipment required to keep moving these technologies forward can be amazingly complex. Our partners rely on our leading cross section of capabilities to create value in designing and realizing products operating at the atomic level. The precision and tolerances required to support that demand that we build in repeatability and predictability at each step as our products are developed, manufactured, delivered, with defect prevention and elimination as our goal. We employ Lean Six Sigma tools and training in all of our facilities around the world led by Lean Black Belt certified operations teams. We give customers the ability to move at great speed, security and certainty even in the most complex and unpredictable environments, and to be the disruptors, not the disrupted, in their respective markets.
Jabil serves the capital equipment sector with best-in-class manufacturing services. With over 50 years’ experience as a trusted innovation partner, we understand your business and apply our comprehensive portfolio of capabilities to accelerate your time-to-market and ensure your market leadership with:
- Complex integration
- Validation and test
These end-to-end capabilities adapt readily to your evolving business and product needs. Our flexible approach streamlines the entire product lifecycle, empowering you to focus on what matters most to your business, with the peace of mind that Jabil has the rest covered.
Capital equipment OEMs face a number of challenges. They’re competing for a larger share of a smaller pool. The trend towards consolidation simplifies managing a long tail of supply chains and improves buying power, but it also means fewer partners and more offensive/defensive business plays. The drive to 3D NAND is accelerating the adoption of Flash technologies, and 14nm microarchitectures are gaining substantial ground. These types of advances disrupt the industry and typically require massive investments to overcome technological challenges.
To meet and take advantage of these challenges, Jabil offers:
- A single point of accountability — unique, secure workcell models with dedicated leads and production lines
- Proprietary, integrated test methodologies that ensure maximum product throughput and minimum materials loss and resource waste
- Intelligent, digital supply-chain solutions that ensure you build in the right location, source the right materials, and reach your target markets — all for the lowest cost
- Investments in next-generation capabilities, tools, processes, and people, demonstrated by our CHAD, Shemer, and Wolfe acquisitions plus facilities in Silicon Valley
- The unique Jabil Blue Sky Center that facilitates advanced, collaborative ideation and rapid prototyping
Comprehensive Technical Expertise
- Complex systems integration, piping and instrument diagramming, precision automation and tooling, mechatronic subsystems; vacuum chamber development
- Complex/exotic metalworking (TIG, MIG, braze welding); frames/chambers; large-format milling and lathing; precision machining; semiconductor automation; wafer handling
- Automation; power-distribution modules; ultra-high purity gas and liquid delivery systems; Cl 10-1000 cleanrooms; vacuum, orbital, clean-room welding; laser source handling; pneumatic and plumbing controls
- Vacuum testing; helium leak testing; particle testing; liquid gases; full-system functional test; user interface and control; micron-tolerance management
- Fully integrated manufacturing systems and process controls for exacting traceability and quality standards
- Stage design, fabrication, and integration coupled with experienced motion-control expertise
- Wafer-handling design, manufacture, and integration to customer tools
- Custom automation capability supporting customer R+D teams
- Extensive and well-respected experience with cleanroom environments and technical standards
- Manufacturing and testing requirements critical to the microelectronics industry
- Hundreds of systems deployed worldwide via OEM distribution channels
- Recognized as a global leader in designing, developing, and manufacturing chemical delivery systems for the flat-panel market
Automated Test Equipment
- Significant partnerships with market leaders, providing fully-integrated test-head solutions for system-on-chip testing applications
- Extensive configure-to-order capabilities coupled with world-class manufacturing and quality systems delivering true competitive advantages
- Engineering teams specifically tailored to support design and development needs for emerging-market technologies
- Global fabrication capabilities; geographically optimized, close-to-point-of-use end markets
- Entrepreneurial spirit and flexibility
- Significant purchasing power delivers formidable advantages for our customers
- Our proximity to and involvement with aerospace product manufacturing and assembly has led to enhanced technical capabilities for areas requiring specification and documentation management