Last Updated: January, 2021
Jabil, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively, “Jabil” or the “Company”) are committed to being responsible custodians of the information you provide to us and the information we collect in the course of operating our business.
Before you use or submit any information through or in connection with the Services, please carefully review this Policy. We will continue to evaluate this Policy as we update and expand the Services and our offerings, and we may make changes to the Policy accordingly. Any changes will be posted here and you should check this page periodically for updates. If we make material changes to this Policy, we will provide you with notice as required by law. Your continued use of the Services will signify acceptance of the terms of the updated Policy.
I. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect personal information in multiple ways, including: (i) information you provide directly to us; (ii) information we may passively or automatically collect when you interact with our Services, such as from your browser or device; and (iii) information collected through other sources, such as social media platforms that may share information about how you interact with our linked social media content.
The term “personal information” in this Policy refers to information that does or is capable of identifying you as an individual.
Information You Provide Directly to Us
We may directly collect information from you in a variety of ways, such as when you:
- Inquire about career opportunities or apply for a job with us;
- Inquire or request information about the Company, our products and/or services;
- Register for an account or use other features that require log-in to participate, e.g., through our Customer Portal or Supplier Portal;
- Sign-up for an educational course or event;
- Fill out a survey or provide us with feedback;
- Communicate with us via email or other correspondence channels;
- Request certain features (e.g., blog subscriptions, newsletters, updates or other materials); or
- Post user-generated content, including comments, to or on any of our Services.
We may also collect information from you offline, such as when you engage in a contractual arrangement with us and over the course of the resulting customer or supplier relationship.
The information you provide directly to us may include: name; contact information; title; information about the company or organization you are affiliated with; education and resume details; and the username and password associated with your account (if created).
The Services you use may include portals for access and use by multiple users within an organization. Please remember that any information that is shared in these areas may be viewed by multiple individuals. Please be considerate and respectful of others while using the portals and other shared Services. We reserve the right, but do not have the obligation, to review and monitor any content on our Services, and to remove postings or content that may be viewed as inappropriate or offensive to others.
Information that is Passively or Automatically Collected
We may automatically collect certain information about the computer or devices (including mobile devices or tablets) you use to access or interact with the Services. We may collect and analyze information such as (a) IP addresses, geolocation information, unique device identifiers, IMEI and TCP/IP address, and other information about your computer or device(s), browser types, browser language, operating system, mobile device carrier information, the state or country from which you accessed the Services; and (b) information related to the ways in which you interact with the Services, such as the URL of any websites you visited before or after visiting our Services, platform type, the number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages and content viewed and the order of those pages, statistical information about the use of the Services, the amount of time spent on particular pages, the date and time you used the Services, the frequency of your use of the Services, error logs, and other similar information. As discussed below, we may use third-party analytics providers and technologies, including cookies and similar tools, to assist in collecting this information.
Cookies and Other Similar Tracking Technologies
Note that you can change your Internet browser settings to notify you when a cookie is being set or updated, or to block cookies altogether. Please consult the "Help" section of your browser for more information (e.g., Internet Explorer; Google Chrome; Mozilla Firefox; Apple Safari (Desktop); Apple Safari (Mobile); or Android Browser).
You can also manage the use of Flash technologies, including cookies and local storage objects with the Flash management tools available at Adobe's website.
Please note that by blocking any or all cookies, you may not have access to certain features or offerings of the Services.
We may collect different types of information about your location, including general information (e.g., IP address, zip code) and more specific information (e.g., GPS-based functionality on mobile devices used to access the Services), and may use that information to customize the Services with location-based information and features. In order to do this, your location information may be shared with our agents and vendors. If you do not want us to provide you with these location-based features, you may disable location tracking through your device settings.
Information Provided By Other Sources
We may also obtain information about you and/or your associated organization, such as demographic information and industry information, from third parties that help us market our Company, identify new customers, recruit job applicants, and conduct industry research. We may combine information that we collect from you through our Services with information that we obtain about you from such third parties, including social media networks and other content platforms.
II. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We may use the information we collect from and about you for the following purposes:
- To recruit and evaluate applications for employment;
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfil your requests;
- To maintain our lists of contacts;
- To initiate and provide the Services to you;
- To allow you to collaborate on engagements, e.g., through the Customer and Supplier portals;
- To send you account alerts and administrative information;
- To send you blog articles, newsletters, marketing communications and other information or materials that may be of interest to you;
- To send you surveys and request your feedback;
- To improve the content and features of the Services or develop new Services;
- To personalize the content that you see on the Services;
- To enforce the legal terms that govern your use of the Services;
- To administer and troubleshoot the Services;
- To meet legal and regulatory requirements;
- To manage and administer contractual relationships; and
- To accomplish other business purposes, such as industry research to enhance our offerings and security monitoring to protect our networks.
III. HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
Jabil is a global provider of product design, manufacturing and other related services. Our business entities and departments may share information with each other for business purposes, such as internal administrative activities, marketing and sales, research and development, talent management, and providing you and your organization with Services. We are not in the business of selling, renting, or otherwise sharing information that reasonably identifies you with unaffiliated third parties for their independent use.
In addition to sharing information amongst our affiliates and as otherwise described in this Policy, we may disclose and/or share your information under the following circumstances:
- Authorized Service Providers. We may provide access to or share your information with select authorized third party service providers who perform supporting activities or functions on our behalf, such as research, marketing, customer support, personnel recruiting and evaluation, web hosting, data storage, analysis and processing, and legal services.
- Your Employer. If you are an employee of a Jabil customer using an account pursuant to our customer agreement, we may provide or your employer may be able to directly view information you provide to us through the Services.
- Business Transfers. As we continue to develop our business, we may buy, merge or partner with other companies. In such transactions, (including in contemplation of such transactions, e.g., due diligence) user information may be among the transferred assets. If a portion or all of Jabil’s assets are sold or transferred to a third-party, customer information (including your email address) would likely be one of the transferred business assets.
IV. LEGAL BASES FOR USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
The legal bases for collecting, using and sharing your information as set out in this Policy are as follows:
- Contractual Obligation - Where use of your information is necessary to perform our obligations under a contract with you;
- Legitimate Interest – Where use of your information is necessary to further our legitimate business interests, such as the following ways:
- To provide customer service;
- Improve our products and service offerings;
- Attract workforce talent and process job applications;
- Grow our business through marketing and other strategic initiatives;
- Protect our customers, personnel, and property; and
- Manage legal issues, such as investigating violations of and defending our legal rights.
- Legal Obligation – Where use of your information is necessary to comply with applicable laws, regulations, law enforcement or government authority actions, and legal proceedings; and
- Consent - As required by law, we may handle personal data on the basis of your implied or express consent. Where you have provided consent, you may withdraw your consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of the processing that was carried out prior to withdrawing your consent. To withdraw your consent, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
V. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS OF INFORMATION
When you use the Services, your data may be sent to the United States and possibly other countries. Specifically, as part of our international operations, your personal information may be transferred to any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers.
Specific to data transfers outside the European Union (“EU”), some non-European Economic Area (“EEA”) countries are recognized by the European Commission as providing an adequate level of data protection according to EEA standards (the full list of these countries is available here). For transfers from the EEA to countries not considered adequate by the European Commission, we will take reasonable steps, such as implementing the Standard Contractual Clauses adopted by the European Commission, to protect your personal information.
In addition, to further legitimize our commitment to securing data transfers from the EEA to the United States, Jabil will use such other data transfer mechanisms as available under applicable data protection laws. This Policy will be updated to reflect our promises and obligations under these frameworks once certification is complete.
VI. DATA SUBJECT RIGHTS AND YOUR CHOICES
If you provide us with your contact details, we may contact you to let you know about the products, services, and events offered that we think may be of interest to you. If you no longer want to receive such marketing-related communications from us on a going-forward basis, you may opt-out by following the unsubscribe instructions in any such messages or by contacting us by email at email@example.com. We will respond to and comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable.
To the extent you use Service features that require log-in and thus create an account, you may review and update certain of your personal data by logging into your account. If you need additional assistance, you may contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. In situations in which we have your information as part of a customer relationship or business transaction, we may refer the request to the relevant customer and cooperate with their handling of the request, subject to any special contractual arrangement with that customer.
In addition, individuals in the EU and some other jurisdictions outside the United States have certain legal rights with regard to accessing personal information that you have provided to us. If you would like to request to review, correct, update, restrict, object, or delete personal information that you have previously provided to us, or if you would like to request to receive an electronic copy of your personal information for purposes of transmitting it to another company (to the extent this right to data portability is provided to you by applicable law), you may contact us by email at email@example.com. The rights described here are subject to limitations and exceptions under applicable law. We will respond to and comply with your request(s) consistent with applicable law as soon as reasonably practicable.
Jabil has also appointed a Data Protection Officer (DPO), who may be contacted as follows:
• by email: DPO.Jabil@twobirds.com
• by mail: Bird & Bird DPO Services SRL, Avenue Louise 235 b 1, 1050 Brussels, Belgium.
In addition to the rights above, residents of the EEA also have the right to lodge a complaint with your relevant supervisory authority. However, we encourage you to contact us first, and we will do our very best to resolve your concern in accordance with applicable law.
We have implemented industry accepted administrative, technical, and physical security measures to protect against the loss, misuse and/or alteration of your information. However, we cannot and do not guarantee that these measures will provide absolute security. No Internet, wireless and/or other electronic transmissions can be completely secure. Moreover, we are not responsible for the security of information you transmit to us over networks that we do not control.
If you have created a Services related account, we recommend that you change your passwords periodically. You are responsible for maintaining the security of your applicable account usernames and passwords. If you believe that your account username and/or password have been stolen or been made known to others, you must contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org and change your password immediately. We are not responsible if someone else accesses your account(s) through information that they have obtained from you.
VIII. DATA RETENTION
We keep your information for no longer than necessary for the purposes for which it is processed. For instance, where we process personal information for marketing purposes or with your consent, we process the information until you ask us to and for a short period after this (to allow us to implement your requests). We also keep a permanent of the fact that you have asked us not to send you direct market marketing or to process your information so that we can respect your request in the future. The length of time for which we retain information depends on the purposes for which we collected and use it and/or as required to comply with applicable laws.
IX. LINKS TO OTHER SITES AND SERVICES
The Services may contain links to or “frame” third-party websites, applications and other services. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites and services. We encourage users to be aware when they leave our Services and to read the privacy statements of each and every site they visit that collects their information.
X. INFORMATION FROM CHILDREN
The Services are not directed to children under the age of 18 and children under the age of 18 are not permitted to use the Services. More specifically, if we discover we have received any “personal information” (as defined under the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act) from a child under the age of 13 in violation of this Policy, we will take reasonable steps to delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe we have any information from or about anyone under the age of 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
XI. CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
We reserve the right to change this Policy at any time to reflect changes in the law, our data collection and use practices, the features of our Services, or advances in technology. Please check this page periodically for changes. Your continued use of the Services following the posting of changes to this Policy will mean you accept those changes.
XII. QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS POLICY
If you have any questions about our Policy, you can contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.