Helping Bring Connected IoT Devices to Market Faster
With the coming technological advancements and innovations that will occur with the full implementation of 5G, businesses will need a trusted solutions partner to help them provide the technology and resources the next generation of smart products and other connected solutions.
Jabil provides leading design, advanced manufacturing, and end-to-end solutions for smart products that delight consumers worldwide. Partnering with top brands and OEMs in an integrated and collaborative development model, our trusted EMS capabilities help create de-risked scalable solutions, from ideation to delivery, for greater and faster returns on investment.
Competing in the Ever-Expanding IoT
Connected solutions — from consumer electronics to industrial fixtures — are making up the ever- expanding Internet of Things (IoT). Consumers think, act, and buy while actively connected to their friends, family, and work. Production lines need to react in real time to flow anomalies. To compete in the IoT age, designers, regardless of the product, need consider the demands of competitive markets and industries:
- Bluetooth, WiFi, and GPS connectivity — cameras feed video to plant operators, printers signal paper and ink outages, and medical devices such as insulin pumps communicate with both patients and providers.
- Sensor capabilities — smartphone screens dim when held to the ear (proximity) or used in the dark (light), and robotics react and respond to human workers’ presence and commands.
- Simplicity and style — for consumer devices, intuitive interfaces with seamless reliability are the standard, and a fashionable look-and-feel can be a product’s competitive edge.
A Proactive Solutions Partner
Jabil offers end-to-end, comprehensive design and engineering capabilities with operations at over 90 sites in 23 countries. As a single point of accountability, we increase customer value while reducing risk by offering flexible solutions:
- Innovate and develop designs optimized for performance and manufacturability
- Rapidly prototype for accelerated product introductions
- Manufacture the highest-quality products and components using the latest automation and process technologies
- Stringently validate and test with proprietary, integrated methodologies
- Ensure that customers build in the right location, source the right materials, and reach target markets with intelligent, digital supply-chain solutions
Jabil’s Connected Solutions Capabilities
Jabil is a global design, supply chain and manufacturing services company with a focus on product design, development, industrialization and integration of connected solutions for the world’s biggest brands. Our customer services cover every aspect of the IoT value chain, including devices, smartphones, network infrastructure, and the cloud. Working with Jabil helps to ensure faster time-to-market to effectively engage in the competitive markets of IoT technology:
- Expertise and Partnerships – With 27,000 suppliers and over 500 of the world’s largest brands as customers, Jabil has the longstanding economic relationships to empower your new product or solution.
- Massive Manufacturing Scale – With more than 43 million square feet of manufacturing capacity, and over 100 facilities in 29 countries, Jabil is uniquely positioned to build locally, regionally and globally.
- Supply Chain Expertise – Our single instance of SAP globally, lowest landed cost calculation and risk scores ensure the right manufacturing and hardware solutions.
- Experienced Design and Engineering – Jabil boasts over 1,600 hardware design engineers and 200 UI/UX, industrial and mechanical designer/discovery consultants globally to ensure the success of each project.
As a hardware designer, builder and Integrator, Jabil conduct customized, end-to-end consulting, integration and on-going maintenance from discovery and architecture to building, testing and deployment of connected solutions. Because of our partnerships across multiple industries, helping develop and optimize top brand products, we have experience developing technology and devices that make up the entire IoT ecosystem. When partnering with Jabil, customers gain access to leading manufacturing technologies and an innovative workforce determined to bring success to products at any stage of the development process.
- Discovery – We can define the business case and requirements
- Design – We orchestrate solution design and architecture, and develop supply chain specifications
- Hardware – We design and engineer industrial hardware, partner with customers for design and firmware, and provide certification and test services
- Cloud/Software – From device management, cloud storage and analytics, and other software requirements, we pull in the right resources to generate powerful business outcomes
- Analytics/Dashboard – Make smarter, faster business decision through data visualization, actionable analytics and automation
Connected Solutions Infrastructure
As connected solutions become more commonplace, businesses will need to provide top-quality support for the infrastructure that keeps connected devices running efficiently: wireless connectivity, cloud computing, and data management. Because Jabil produces everything in the IoT ecosystem, our designers and engineers have the knowledge and expertise to create a secure, efficient, and user- friendly solutions to maximize customer value.
Antenna design, performance, qualification, and tuning
RF and wireless architecture
WiFi, ZigBee, and Bluetooth certification
With Jabil’s advanced connected solution's capabilities, customers are introduced to new levels of innovation and freedom of design. Jabil’s world-class experts work collaboratively with customers in a partnership culture continually driving to rapid customer success. By partnering with Jabil, customers can rest easy with the assurance that their best interests are being protected by an industry leader and their product will be of the highest quality possible.