High Speed Assembly Solutions
Lower Production Costs and Faster Time-to-Market
Success in optimizing high-speed assembly and other manufacturing processes is only gained through years of dedication and hands-on-experience. Jabil is a leading automation and robotics equipment supplier with the experience and expertise to customize robust, high-volume manufacturing solutions.
High-volume products such as consumer electronics are steadily increasing in functionality and complexity while getting considerably smaller. Many assembly tasks have become very difficult for manual labor or require training that cannot be justified with shrinking margins. At the same time, many existing automated lines are aging, or have not been updated with capabilities that could significantly improve production. Jabil’s expert knowledge of manufacturing solutions, combined with industry-leading technology and innovations in assembly offer businesses increased benefits in quality, safety, security, and more:
- Faster, more reliable production
- 100% inspection criteria adherence
- Reduced human capital risks
- Lower costs and greater margins
- Improve product quality and consistency
- Reduce intellectual property risks
Benefits of High-Speed Assembly
Increased product volume is not the only benefit of high-speed assembly. Designing a high-speed assembly solution also optimizes the manufacturing process for other benefits:
- Reduced downtime
- Less waste produced
- Potential for more work in less space
- Easy scalability
- Improved precision and accuracy in assembly
Jabil recognizes that to reduce product development time and speed time-to-market, a properly validated assembly process is essential, from prospective validation of performance and operational qualifications. We understand the importance of factors such as synchronization, and the use of multi-axis motion controllers, to optimize assembled part quality. Applying a custom, flexible, and collaborative approach, Jabil guides partners through every step of designing, building, and optimizing automated production lines.
A Proactive Solutions Partner
Jabil offers end-to-end, comprehensive design and engineering capabilities with operations at over 90 sites in 23 countries. As a single point of accountability, we increase customer value while reducing risk by offering flexible solutions:
- Innovate and develop designs optimized for performance and manufacturability
- Rapidly prototype for accelerated product introductions
- Manufacture the highest-quality products and components using the latest automation and process technologies
- Stringently validate and test with proprietary, integrated methodologies
- Ensure that customers build in the right location, source the right materials, and reach target markets with intelligent, digital supply-chain solutions
Jabil’s High-Speed Assembly Solutions
With Jabil’s experience as a global leader providing the world’s best brands with successful manufacturing solutions and industry-leading technology, customers can take advantage of a wide range of services that can help make time-to-market faster and more efficient:
- Design for automated assembly – products, parts, materials, and assembly process are analyzed and optimized for easier machine manufacturing
- Advanced industrial robotics – advanced technology for successful assembly automation with proven results and precision
- Autonomous systems – multiple communications, motion control, optics, and sensor technologies offer unparalleled mechatronic solutions for autonomous robotics and systems
- IoT connectivity – capabilities like wireless connectivity, cloud computing, and data management provide the infrastructure for sophisticated assembly lines leading the way to Industry 4.0
When it comes to high-precision, high-speed assembly solutions, Jabil deliver robust capabilities designed to help you achieve your manufacturing goals. Jabil’s assembly solutions provide a wide range of automated services to increase production efficiency:
- Label placement
- Point-to-point soldering
- Part identification
- Precision dispensing
- High-speed pick and place
- Vision based alignment
- Robotic screw fastening
- Force sensing
- Visual inspection
Jabil provides automation software with the ability to manage multiple process steps in a single cell, and tune process to achieve the production goals of the line. As automation moves more towards information-driven manufacturing, Jabil has the capability to simulate and compare production options based on product specifications, then propose “optimal” production paths that meet those specifications. Our automated controls and software provide many automated capabilities:
- Centralized or distributed controls; built to NEC, UL, CSA, and EU standards.
- Support for the GEM300 and SECS/GEM standards for fab host control
- Either client or server relationship with your process tool, or your factory host
- Support for ethernet, USB, serial (RS232 RS485), and discrete I/O communication, and are open to CAN bus, modbus, etherCAT, and wireless communication
- Compliance with safety and SEMI standards for UI and control, as well as personalized customer standards
With Jabil’s high-speed assembly capabilities, customers are introduced to new levels of innovation and freedom of design. Most importantly, partnering with Jabil offers more than just the advanced technology to produce high quality, in-demand products. Our collaborative culture and expertise provides unique end-to-end solutions that elevate customer performance. Our culture of integrity, ingenuity, and inspiration make us a trusted manufacturing solutions provider for the world’s top products. By partnering with Jabil, customers can rest easy with the assurance that their best interests are being protected by an industry leader and their product will be of the highest quality possible.
Jabil’s High-Speed Assembly expertise is located throughout the world.
Smart, end-to-end packaging solutions from a vertically-integrated, global leader support your brand promise — intelligent, active, rigid, and consumer device.
Jabil engineers, builds, and ramps products for the modern retail environment that include barcode/RFID scanners, kiosks, ATMs, point-of-sale devices, and intelligent vending.