Helping Companies Bring Mobility Solutions to Market Faster
Smartphones, tablets, and other mobile devices and accessories are growing not only in performance and capabilities, but also in manufacturing complexity. Jabil's vertical capabilities in design engineering and manufacturing; our rapid ramp-up of new technologies, and our unrivaled track record with the world's most popular mobile device brands make us the premier partner in the mobility industry. Our solutions combine high-volume production with cutting-edge mechanical design and precision machining without sacrificing quality or product design.
To compete in the mobility age, designers need to consider:
- Bluetooth, WiFi, and GPS connectivity
- Sensor capabilities
- Simplicity and style
Mobile devices typically use antennas, power sources, and other elements mounted in a wide variety of materials such as glass, textiles, plastics, and ceramics. They require custom, innovative design and precision manufacturing using advanced techniques in injection molding and metal and plastic decoration. And with high-volume mobility items, the pressure to bring a product — hopefully, the next must-have gadget — to market rapidly is enormous. The supply chain, from material management through shipping, must perform flawlessly to return profits while volumes soar and prices fall.
Jabil recognizes the unrelenting acceleration in the pace of change, and that uncertainty and risk abound in both mature and emerging markets. To ensure customers’ sustained growth, Jabil simplifies these complexities by providing end-to-end product development with comprehensive engineering capabilities. We help mobility customers transform their cost equations, achieve long-term growth, and continually delight their customers with amazing, affordable, and well-built products that disrupt even the fast-paced mobility market.
With operations in over 90 sites in 23 countries, we’ve designed and built smartphones and tablets, accessories such as speakers, headphones, docks, chargers, and single-use, connected medical devices. We build these and other vertically-integrated solutions on a foundation of:
- Product strategy and conceptualization — research, branding, user experience, and industrial design
- Design engineering — product design and engineering
- Materials technology — molding and tooling, visual and complex mechanics
- Process innovation — advanced manufacturing, assembly, test processes
- Automation — high-efficiency, complex, and high-tolerance process robotics
- Design verification and test development — production test development, meticulous failure analysis, and reliability testing
And, Jabil test platforms optimize final assembly, test, and pack (FATP) processes from firmware programming and board test through customization, labeling, and packaging.
Our capabilities specific to mobility applications include:
- Silicone molding/liquid silicone rubber
- Metal stamping and precision machining (CNC)
- Decorative metals, plastics, coatings
- Plastic injection molding/metal casting
- Decorative 2.5D, 3D touch displays
- Laser selective plating
- Structural and stress analysis/simulation
- Antenna design
- Manufacturing test development
- Product validation
- Tool/fixture design
Comprehensive, worldwide Jabil design, manufacturing, and supply-chain services let companies bring innovative mobile accessories to market faster.
Jabil electronic manufacturing services (EMS) help networking equipment manufacturers get products to market faster — with higher quality and lower costs.
Jabil electronic manufacturing services (EMS) help telecom equipment manufacturers get products to market faster — with higher quality and lower costs.