Innovation Isn’t a Trend. It’s a Necessity.
Making an Impact
Jabil Smart Building
The Internet of Things (IoT) is advancing a new breed of smart buildings, enabling operational systems that deliver more accurate and useful information for improving operations while providing the best experiences for workers and tenants. Devices that automate, monitor and control buildings are proliferating. These include a wide range of sensors, switches, security cameras, gateways and windows that are turning commercial buildings into digitized, connected environments. People are ready to embrace new innovations and changes, especially when it comes to commercial buildings. The smart building market is poised for significant growth, projected to reach $362 billion by 2023, with high expectations for connected building technologies.
A Proactive Solutions Partner
Jabil engineers, builds and ramps some of the most innovative and complex smart building products in the world. Today, Jabil combines innovation, disruption, collaboration and deep industry expertise to create a smarter, more connected world. As a proactive solutions partner to some of the world’s most renowned and respected brands, Jabil draws on a foundation of technology offering customers:
- Product strategy and conceptualization – human factors, research, branding and industrial design
- Product development and engineering
- Material technology – visual mechanics and accessories
- Accelerated manufacturing – test development, VAVE and production engineering
- Advanced manufacturing technology – materials science and process research
Jabil’s building technology capabilities and expertise include:
- Design & Conceptualization – Conceptual engineering, UI/UX design
- System architecture – Architecture and SW development, ecosystem development, certification experience (e.g., UL)
- Hardware – Human Machine Interface (HMI), sensors, LCD/OLED technology, control panel, RF/wireless, connective solutions
- Manufacturing – Configure-to-order/build-to-order, large-form factor production, high-level assembly, system and technology integration, value analysis, value engineering (VAVE)
- After Market Monitoring & Repair – End-of-life services, end-to-end visibility, legacy product maintenance and repair
Jabil’s building technology product experience include:
- Security and access
- Climate control and HVAC
- Safety and lighting
- Power and control
- Display and automation
Jabil’s breadth of capabilities and experience in developing smart building products is helping customers solve complex technology problems such as lack of integration and interoperability, expensive production costs and poor user experiences. From ideation and product development to testing and production, Jabil is actively collaborating with smart building brands that are transforming the way we live and work.