Applicant Privacy Notice
Last Updated: December, 2022
1. What does this notice cover?
This notice describes how Jabil Inc. or the Jabil Inc. subsidiary to which you are applying, which is one of the following:
- Jabil Inc. has many affiliated entities that act as data controllers around the world who will act as data controller for your Personal Information. For more information on the data controller for your jurisdiction please review the list of our global entities (https://www.jabil.com/contact/locations/list-of-global-entities.html). For the name of the Jabil entity responsible for your Personal Information and the appropriate address for that entity.
[(collectively "Jabil", "we", "us" or "our") uses your personal data in connection with your application for employment with us. It also describes your data protection rights, including a right to object to some of the processing which Jabil carries out. More information about your rights, and how to exercise them, is set out in the "Your choices and rights" section.
2. We also may provide you with additional information when we collect personal data, where we feel it would be helpful to provide relevant and timely information. What personal data we collect (to the extent permitted under applicable laws)
- Personal identification and communication information: your name, home address, phone number; email address; date of birth, gender, immigration status, photographs and other visual images of you, and information about your entitlement to work;
- Application-related information: curriculum vitae (CV), cover letter, employment history, education history, qualifications and skills, reference contact information, position preferences, willingness to relocate, desired salary, interests and aspirations and background screening information if relevant (to the extent permitted under applicable laws); and
- Sensitive information: for example, information about your health and disabilities where we need to make any reasonable adjustments or equal opportunities monitoring information, including information about your ethnic origin, health and religion or belief (to the extent permitted by applicable laws).
We collect most of this information from you directly. For example, data is collected through our application portal and CVs; from correspondence with you; or through interviews, meetings, or other assessments. We also collect some contact information, education and work experience information about you from other people (e.g. recruiters, referrals), your referees or organizations (e.g. [from LinkedIn, Xing, Angelist, Crunchbase and Dribbble if you choose to connect us with your profiles]); where applicable, we also collect data from our third-party background screening provider during the pre-employment screening process (to the extent permitted by applicable laws).
3. Why we collect, use, and store this personal data
We collect, use, and store your personal data for the reasons set out below.
- Where this is necessary for Jabil to enter into an employment contract with you:
- To make informed decisions on recruitment and assess your suitability for the role;
- To offer employment benefits and services;
- To communicating with you about your application, to respond to your inquiries and schedule interviews;
- To reimburse you for any agreed expenses incurred in the application process where applicable.
- Where necessary for Jabil's legitimate interests, as listed below, and where our interests are not overridden by your data protection rights, and where permissible by applicable laws:
- To improve our recruitment process and activities;
- To verify the details you have supplied and, where applicable, conduct preemployment background checks;
- Protecting our legitimate business interests and legal rights, including, use in connection with legal claims, compliance, regulatory, auditing, investigative and disciplinary purposes (including disclosure of such information in connection with legal process or litigation) and other ethics and compliance reporting requirements;
- To analyze and monitor the diversity of the workforce in where permissible with applicable laws. This includes, for example, compliance with equal opportunity employment laws.
Where we process personal data on this basis, then – as required by data protection law – we have carried out a balancing test to document our interests, to consider what the impact of the processing will be on individuals and to determine whether individuals’ interests outweigh our interests in the processing taking place. You can obtain more information about this balancing test by using the contact details at the end of the notice.
- Where necessary to comply with a legal obligation.
- To assess your fitness and propriety in connection your engagement in a controlled function, where applicable;
- To comply with legal, regulatory, and other requirements under EU or Member State laws
- Where you have given consent:
- To contact you about future career opportunities at Jabil. Providing such data is voluntary and does not affect the possibility of participating in the recruitment process.
Unless required by law, providing personal data is voluntary, however, the failure to provide it may prevent you from taking part in the recruitment.
We may provide you with more specific notices for some of the processing described above and, if we require your consent, will ask for this at the time we collect your personal data.
For certain positions, and to the extent permitted by applicable laws, it will be necessary for us to verify the details you have supplied (for example, in relation to your identity, employment history, academic qualification and professional credentials) and to conduct pre-employment background checks (for example, in relation to previous criminal convictions or financial standing). The level of checks will depend on your role, in particular whether you will occupy a regulated role, and will be conducted at as late a stage as is practicable in the recruitment process and often only after you have been selected for the position. If your application is successful, we will provide further information about the checks involved and will obtain any necessary consent prior to completing such checks.
5. How we share your personal data
Personal data will primarily be processed by employees in our Human Resources, IT and finance, and facilities departments. This will include sharing your personal data with all Jabil entities globally (https://www.jabil.com/contact/locations/list-of-global-entities.html).
Your personal data will be shared with companies providing services, such as technology services including hosting, maintenance, administration, and analysis, as well as other agencies, under contract to Jabil as part of the recruitment process. For general recruitment services, we use a third-party applicant tracking system. We also share your personal data with a third-party background checking provider where permissible by law.
Your personal data also will be shared with government authorities and/or law enforcement officials if mandated by law or if required for the protection of our legitimate interests in compliance with applicable laws.
In the event that a Jabil business is sold or integrated with another business, your details may be disclosed to our advisers and any prospective purchaser's adviser and will be passed to the new owners of the business.
In the event that applicant data is otherwise transferred outside of the European Economic Area to an organization in a country which is not subject to an adequacy decision by the EU Commission or considered adequate as determined by applicable data protection laws, we will take steps to ensure your personal information is adequately protected (e.g. by way EU Commission approved Standard Contractual Clauses, a vendor’s Processor Binding Corporate Rules or by relying on such other data transfer mechanisms as available under applicable data protection laws). A copy of the relevant mechanism can be obtained for your review on request by using the contact details below.
If you are a UK individual, whenever we transfer your personal data out of the UK to a territory which is not subject to an adequacy decision by the UK Government, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by implementing appropriate safeguards in line with the requirements set out in the UK data protection legislation, such as by putting in place the UK International Data Transfer Agreement or the UK Addendum to the EU Standard Contractual Clauses with the data importer, among others. You may request further information on the measures used for the international transfers using the contact information provided below.
6. Your choices and rights
You have the right to ask Jabil for a copy of your personal data; to obtain specific information about how Jabil processes your personal data, to correct, delete or restrict processing of your personal data; and to obtain the personal data you provide in a structured, machine readable format. In addition, you can object to the processing of your personal data in some circumstances (in particular, where we don’t have to process the data to meet a contractual or other legal requirement). Where we have asked for your consent, you may withdraw consent at any time. If you ask to withdraw your consent to Jabil processing your data, this will not affect any processing which has already taken place at that time.
These rights may be limited, for example if fulfilling your request would reveal personal data about another person, or if you ask us to delete information which we are required by law or have compelling legitimate interests to keep. If you have unresolved concerns, you have the right to complain to a data protection authority. If you are in the UK, please contact the Information Commissioner Office, at:
- Live chat at: https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/.
- EU Local Authorities: https://edpb.europa.eu/about-edpb/about-edpb/members_en
Where we collect personal data to administer our contract with you or to comply with our legal obligations, this is mandatory, and we will not be able to manage the employment relationship without this information. In all other cases, provision of the requested personal data is optional, but this may affect your ability to participate in certain programs or systems, where the information is needed for those purposes.
7. How long we retain your personal data
If you are successful: we will retain your personal data only for as long as we need it for Jabil's legitimate interest in accordance with applicable law, for the purposes of the recruitment process and, once this process is finished, for an appropriate period so as to be able to deal with any legal claims linked to the application process. Recruitment records for successful applicants are generally kept for 6 years or in accordance with local laws. After this period, we will take steps to delete your personal data or hold it in a form that no longer identifies you. If you become a Jabil employee, relevant personal information you provide will become a part of your employee file and may be used later for the management of the employment relationship.
For additional information about the Company’s retention of your personal data, please consult the Company’s Retention Schedule which is available on the Jabil Web Corporate Policies page.
If you are not successful: For the applicants who have granted consent, Jabil will retain your personal data with your permission for 12 (twelve) months– or shorter when legally required based on local law– of inactivity in our recruitment system (i.e., after not having logged-in to your account/profile), for future recruitment processes. However, if consent is not granted to Jabil for future recruitment purposes, your personal data will be processed for 6 (six) months. After the retention period the applicant data will be completely deleted from Jabil’s system. An applicant is entitled to request deletion of his or her personal information at any time.
Jabil uses a number of technical, physical, and organizational security measures to assure the integrity, confidentiality and availability of applicant data, taking into account the nature, scope, context, purposes and risks involved. Jabil has implemented security technologies to protect the stored applicant data from unauthorised access, improper use, alteration, unlawful or accidental destruction and accidental loss. Jabil continues to enhance its security procedures as new technology becomes available. You have an important role to play in assisting us in keeping your information secure, keeping at all time your password confidential and use the correct procedure to log in and out of Jabil’s recruitment system.
9. Updates to this privacy notice
We reserve the right to update this privacy notice at any time, and we will provide you with a new privacy notice when we make any substantial updates. We may also notify you in other ways from time to time about the processing of your personal information.
10. Contact us
The data controller for your personal data will be Jabil.
If you have questions about this privacy notice or wish to contact us for any reason in relation to our personal data processing, please contact us at: email@example.com
Jabil has also appointed a Data Protection Officer (DPO), who may be contacted as follows:
- By email:DPO.Jabil@twobirds.com.
- By mail: Bird & Bird DPO Services SRI., Avenue Louise 235 b1, 1050 Brussels, Belgium