Design, Decoration, and In-Mold Labeling (IML)
Innovative Packaging that Brings Out Brand Brilliance
Consumers are changing they way they shop. With more choices and competition, brand loyalty is harder to maintain. Today’s consumers want more than just products, they want an experience. And with the ways brands are interacting with consumers through omnichannel shopping, packaging plays a vital communication role. Packages need to entice consumers and establish brand identity while optimizing the product experience. Top executives believe packaging is a key investment — that’s why Jabil helps customers differentiate products from the competition with comprehensive expertise in design, decoration, and molding: custom in-mold labeling (IML), sleeves, adhesive labels, as well as unique shapes and finishes including matte, glossy, and prints.
Importantly, flexible Jabil molding systems accommodate package re-staging and upgrades over several years, and our engineers adapt machines, tooling, and automation systems to launch next-generation package designs at a fraction of the cost of the original assets.
Benefits of In-Mold Labeling
In-mold labeling combines the process of applying labels and decorations onto plastic containers with the molding process used to create the containers in the first place. This combined process helps lower manufacturing cost as well as having other benefits:
- Design Freedom – the graphic options available for in-mold labeling produce sharp, crisp images and labels can be flat, curved or even 3D for super, eye catching packaging
- Durable – labels produced through IML technology are more resistant to changes in temperature and can be optimized for other environmental or chemical resistances. Labels are also harder to remove, scratch or wrinkle.
- Recyclable – the package and label are made of the same materials and is fully recyclable
- Hygienic – IML durability and resistance to scratches, wrinkles, and cracks, reduces the chance of bacteria
A Proactive Solutions Partner
Jabil offers end-to-end, comprehensive design and engineering capabilities with operations at over 90 sites in 23 countries. As a single point of accountability, we increase customer value while reducing risk by offering flexible solutions:
- Innovate and develop designs optimized for performance and manufacturability
- Rapidly prototype for accelerated product introductions
- Manufacture the highest-quality products and components using the latest automation and process technologies
- Stringently validate and test with proprietary, integrated methodologies
- Ensure that customers build in the right location, source the right materials, and reach target markets with intelligent, digital supply-chain solutions
From concept and design, through manufacture, to the customer experience, driving brand revenue means integrating performance and value. With over 60-years’ experience innovating packaging solutions for the world’s top brands, comprehensive Jabil solutions help customers optimize products with end-to-end, single-vendor accountability. With advanced technology and manufacturing processes,combined with expertise in Internet of Things (IoT) technology, Jabil is helping customers take in-mold labeling innovations further with smart packaging. Smart packaging creates brand brilliance.
- Intelligent Packaging: Custom packaging solutions with 2-level interaction for greater customer engagement
- Active Packaging: Devices that provide information or dispense product leveraging technologies
- Rigid Packaging: Core packaging technologies including plastics injection, blow mold, thermoform and compression molding
- Consumer Devices: Durable precision mechanical/electronic assemblies that improve the delivery application and usage of consumables through IoT
Smart packaging is how brand leaders contend with emerging trends. Customized shapes can draw attention as well as fit more effectively on shelf space. Digitization enables a connected experience, leveraging social media marketing techniques. Sustainability is increasingly a legislated requirement, going beyond simple customer preference. And brand authentication ensures a secure and verifiable supply chain.
To help you meet and leverage these challenges, Jabil’s vertically integrated packaging solutions deliver creative solutions supported by advanced technology and manufacturing experience:
- Collaborative ideation and innovative design capabilities solve unique challenges and create new opportunities for brand differentiation
- Expertise in injection molding, electronics, IoT, and precision assembly technologies
- End-to-end packaging solutions that combine innovative consumable packages with consumer device manufacturing, giving brands the power to build and maintain customer loyalty
- Cost-effective solutions for IoT-enabled packages that drive revenue, margins, and brand differentiation
- World-class supply-chain analytics, lowest-landed cost optimization, risk mitigation, and buying power
With Jabil’s design, decoration, and in-mold labeling capabilities, customers are introduced to new levels of innovation and freedom of design. Most importantly, partnering with Jabil offers more than just the advanced technology to produce high quality, in-demand products. Our collaborative culture and expertise provides unique end-to-end solutions that elevate customer performance. Our culture of integrity, ingenuity, and inspiration make us a trusted manufacturing solutions provider for the world’s top products. By partnering with Jabil, customers can rest easy with the assurance that their best interests are being protected by an industry leader and their product will be of the highest quality possible.