Jabil Blue Sky Italy
Marcianise, Italy – December 5, 2017 – Jabil Inc. (NYSE: JBL), a worldwide leader in innovation, advanced engineering, supply chain and manufacturing solutions, announced today the launch of its newest Blue Sky Innovation Center located at its manufacturing plant in Marcianise, Italy (Campania Region).
In response to customer needs in an increasingly digital world, Jabil Blue Sky Italy will enable increased collaboration with customers and partners to foster the development of innovative, competitive solutions, from the design and prototyping stages through to product manufacturing. Thanks to the cutting-edge capabilities of Blue Sky, Jabil Italy will expand its value proposition towards across the full value chain, supporting them from ideation through to final product.
Within the 3,500 m2 Innovation Center, visitors will experience some of the world's most cutting-edge capabilities, including photonics, for which the site is a leading global competence center, reverse engineering, electro mobility, test development for prototyping, Industry 4.0 initiatives and much more.
“The opening of the new Blue Sky Italy Innovation Center demonstrates Jabil’s commitment to growing its European footprint and increasing strategic and collaborative relationships with our customers, who are more and more committed to accelerating the innovation of their products to face the changing technological competition,” said Emanuele Cavallaro, senior vice president, Global Business Units of Jabil.
“Thanks to its laboratories focusing on specific areas of technological innovation, such as optical communications and Industry 4.0, Jabil Blue Sky Italy looks to become a collaborative hub of innovative ideas, uniting the entrepreneurial, institutional and academic worlds. We look forward to developing these ideas into industrial projects through the creation of benchmarks,” added Clemente Cillo, country manager, Jabil Italy.
In addition to its global positioning, the newest Blue Sky will also be a hub for local innovation and training by developing partnerships at the institutional level within the Campania Region and at the entrepreneurial level through local industry associations. The site will house the Jabil Academy, a center with laboratories and classrooms for employees to develop new skills and knowledge of the most advanced technologies, as well as external training in Industry 4.0 courses.
The Jabil Blue Sky Italy Innovation Center will feature laboratories focused on:
· Reverse Engineering for the repair of electronic boards
· Test Development for the prototyping and manufacturing of a wide range of data transmission and storage products
· Electro Mobility, for which Jabil has signed a project agreement for research and technological development in collaboration with Po.Mo.S. (Pole for Sustainable Mobility) of La Sapienza University of Rome, aimed at developing an innovative fast-charging system for terrestrial and marine electric vehicles
· Metrology and Calibration, offering one of the most reliable ranges of calibration and measurement technology services in Europe
· System Integration, test geographical extension systems in communications and networks, completing the capabilities in photonics and testing methodology
· Wireless Communication, design services, certification and verification of long-range and short range wide area networks
· Advanced Assembly, Robotics, focused on developing new integration capabilities for macro and micro-scale electromechanical products, resulting in faster time-to-market and more effective product innovation
· Building Automation, IoT, Industry 4.0, for the development of digital home manufacturing solutions ranging from consumer product design, validation and materials to supply chain management and reverse logistics
· Rapid Prototyping, aimed at realizing prototypes quickly and reliably
· 3D Printing, for fast manufacturing and reduced time-to-market
As part of the grand opening, Jabil is offering the workshop, “The New Technologies and the Labor World: Towards a Society 4.0”, during which key political, academic, industrial and union representatives will debate how new technologies are increasingly influencing the industry and the required capabilities in the current labor world.
Jabil is a product solutions company providing comprehensive electronics design, production and product management services to global electronics and technology companies. Offering complete product supply chain management from facilities in 29 countries, Jabil provides comprehensive, focused solutions to customers in a broad range of industries. Jabil common stock is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol, "JBL". For Further info, visit: jabil.com.
Tel: +39 0292886200
Elisa Lavagna,+39 3469447907
Davide Ghellini Sargenti,+39 3459068411
Kirsten Oosterhof, +44 07342073248
Senior Manager, Corporate Communications - Europe