Driving greater manufacturing speed and agility while helping customers improve how they design, make and deliver products.
JABIL WIND SOLUTIONS
How do you efficiently expand into emerging markets? Learn more.
The global wind industry continues to grow with 51.3 GW of new wind installations added globally in 2018 with global wind power capacity expected to increase by 50 percent in the next five years. The Global Wind Energy Council has forecast more than 300 GW of new capacity to be added by 2023, driven by key emerging markets such as India, Brazil, Mexico and Russia.
A Proactive Solutions Partner
Jabil has over 15 years of experience manufacturing high-level assembly components for wind turbines, including pitch control systems, converters, nacelle control systems and PCBAs. Jabil-manufactured components are used in generations of wind turbines, which accumulates to an installed capacity of more than 30,000 MW wind turbines today. With operations in over 100 sites in 26 countries, and manufacturing and supply chain experience in key geographies that include Brazil, China, India, Vietnam and Mexico, Jabil partners with wind-energy companies to:
- Accelerate time-to-market
- Manage outsourcing activities
- Scale quickly and efficiently
- Quicken production transfers between markets
- Improve cash flow with reduced CapEx investments
- Reduce operating expense
- Become more cost competitive with economies of scale
- Skillfully meet government policies and complex regulations
- Leverage tax incentives
- Mitigate risk while entering emerging markets
With a relentless focus on quality manufacturing and supply chain leverage, our launch of a pitch control system resulted in the localization of over 70% of the build-of-material (BOM) costs by developing strategic supplier relationships for key commodities. In addition, Jabil expanded the customer’s approved vendor list (AVL) to create greater supply chain flexibility. As a proactive solutions partner to the world’s leading wind-energy brands, Jabil enables customers to drive aggressive geographic expansion into emerging markets through green-field and established manufacturing sites.
Jabil’s end-to-end wind capabilities in the value chain include:
- Converter, control and pitch system manufacturing
- Nacelle, hub and power unit assemblies
- Prototype and NPI management
- PCBA manufacturing
- Full power production testing
- Value engineering and customer collaboration (tear-downs, AVL expansion, life cycle risk analysis, DFx)
- Supply chain localization
- Full sub-tier supplier management
- Component kitting services
- Collaborative tester platform developments
Jabil’s wind certifications include:
- ISO 9000, 14000 and 18000
- 690V full power testing (converters)
- RLLM approved (India Ministry of Renewable Energy)
- UL certification requirements
From collaborative design and fabrication through testing and an intelligent, digital supply-chain that ensures customers build in the right location at the right cost, Jabil delivers technological and innovative solutions for the wind-energy market – building a sustainable tomorrow, today.