3D Computed Tomography
Diverse CT Scanning Capabilities for Industrial Metrology
Computed tomography (CT) scanning is the most advanced measurement technology available today, capturing data at an accuracy of 5-7 microns. Able to map a 3D part in an hour, CT scanning is fast becoming a vital tool for industrial metrology. 3DProscan, a Jabil company, provides our customers with diverse CT scanning capabilities for a variety of applications, from conducting first-article inspections to computer-aided design (CAD) drawing product comparison.
With industrial CT scanning of plastics and other low-density materials, manufacturers can literally see inside their products to identify design issues and production discrepancies, ensure lot-to-lot consistency, and derive highly-accurate and detailed measurements of internal components. This fast, non-destructive approach also helps accelerate project completion by reducing the time required to qualify parts for production.
FASTscan Part-to-CAD Comparisons
- Dimensional analyses typically in less than two hours
- Color-coded geometric comparisons provide data on dimensional stability
- Customers visualize components for analysis with a complementary viewer
- Comparative color-coded map for easy data interpretation
- Previous scans can be saved and used to build historical data for a comparative analysis
- Reduced downtime and quick comparisons of different material lots and molding processes
- CAD modeling and 2D printing enable programming before receiving a physical part
- Ability to work in parallel as parts are being made
- Complete dimensional inspection reports can be compiled in hours instead of days
Complete Assembly Analysis
- X-ray images enable visualizing beyond the surface of walls and layers
- Reveals wall thickness, volume, seals, voids, leaks, inclusions, and more through assembly analysis
- Analyzes virtually without damaging an assembly or changing its natural state
Transportation and Heavy Equipment
Jabil helps design and manufacture innovative electronic products for the world's best-known transportation, agriculture, and heavy-equipment brands.
Defense & Aerospace
Jabil Defense & Aerospace specializes in mission-critical high-mix/low-volume electro-mechanical systems for defense OEM and military supply chains.
Serving the capital-equipment sector with best-in-class manufacturing services, Jabil helps accelerate time-to-market and ensure market leadership.