World-Class Opto-Mechanical Design
Innovative, High-Performing, Proven, Trusted
We are Jabil Optics
Jabil Optics is a world leader in complex opto-mechanical design for miniaturized optical systems for consumer, automotive, healthcare and industrial applications.
Our deep optics knowledge is paired with an ingrained culture of innovation giving you optics at its best.
Jabil Optics specific design expertise includes:
Optical DesignWe accompany you from sketches to the final optical design.
We deliver complex precisions mechanical design.
We power-up your optics.
We find the weak points, so you only know satisfaction.
We transfer your product into mass production.
International Project Management
As part of the Jabil ecosystem, our opto-mechanical experts are instantly connected to a global design, innovation and manufacturing network. This guarantees a full-service operation, allowing for one-stop solutions from innovative design through to high-volume production.
We design high-performing optical systems with a strong focus on cost and manufacturability. Backed by our long-standing Carl Zeiss history, our world-class optical design team enables cost-effective solutions and stable production processes. This gives you high performance projection and image capturing systems and light-efficient illumination systems that differentiate your brand.
- Complex optical system creation
- Image simulation
- Calculation of polarization effects
- Design of diffractive and refractive microstructures
- Thermal simulation
- Ghost and straylight
- Code V
- VirtualLab Fusion
We deliver complex precisions mechanical design for cost, manufacturing, environment and quality.
Jabil Optics mechanical design experts specialize in miniaturized opto-electronic modules, chassis, mountings and housings, and thermal mechanical and electronic interfaces. Our mechanical design team is at the forefront of emerging technologies and materials.
- Opto-Mechanical Design for Mass Production
- Design for Specialized Assembly Processes (such as AA, COB…)
- Design for Rapid Prototyping
- Multi-Site Cooperation
- Engineering Change Management
- PTC Creo
- Creo Simulate
- FEM Analysis with Creo
- FloEFD Thermal Analysis
- Windchill PDM
- OTS (Optical Data Transfer Software)
- Smart Optics
We power-up your optics with the right electronics for your unique device.
The best optical and mechanical design does not work without electrical design that is on-point and specific to your product. We evaluate every aspect from durability, cost-effectiveness, performance through to fit.
- Systems Architecture for Embedded Devices
- Miniaturized Opto-Electronical Systems
- Image Sensors and Camera Systems
- Frame Grabber Solutions
- High Power LED and Laser Drivers
- High Speed Electronics
- Embedded Software Capabilities
- Cadence Allegro
- EE Design/ECAD
- Design Rule Checks
- Simulation Tools
- PCBA Prototyping
- Function Verification
- Debug and Trouble Shooting
Every Jabil Optics customer benefits from our team of measurement experts who are hands-on with quality control, process development support and failure analysis. Our team has comprehensive environmental testing and verification experience for automotive, medical and customer products. Trust in our people, process and expertise to ensure stable mass production for quality, cost and reliability.
Our iterative product verification process means you get a product that is tried, tested and true. We find the weak points, so your customers only know satisfaction.
- Optical Measurements
- Component and Sub-Group Verification
- Failure Analysis
- Environmental Testing
- Regulatory and Compliance Testing
- Materials Evaluation
- Variable MTF System
- Various Interferometers (such as Fizeau, White Light)
- Photometric Camera
- Various Spectrometers
- Roundness Measurement Equipment
- 3D Measuring Microscopes / Optical 3D Measurements
- Beam Profilers
- Integration Spheres
- 3D Measurement Device (Structured Light Projection)
- Centering Measurement
- Thermal Chamber with Shaker
- Tumble Tester
Engineering - Industrialization and Transfer Into Mass Production
The Jabil Optics engineering team designs innovative and robust manufacturing processes suited for mass production of highly sophisticated opto-electronical modules including industrialization and transfer into mass production.
- Process Development
- Mass Production Equipment Definition
- Mass Production Floor Planning
- Transfer Planning
- On-Site Operator Training
- On-Site Ramp-Up Support
- On-Site Sustaining Engineering Team
- Requirements Management
- Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP)
- Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA)
- Process Capability Analysis
- Statistical Process Control (SPC)
- 4-Axis Pick & Place
- 4-Axis Passive Alignment
- 10-Axis Active Alignment (Pixid 500)
- 3-Axis CNC machine (3D Milling)
- Dispensing Robots
- Deep Lab Equipment Inventory
- Range of 3D Printers
- Clean Room (ISO class 7)
Trust in Jabil's opto-mechanical design for today and tomorrow.
Jabil’s Optics expertise is located throughout the world.
Jabil Optics operates in four of Jabil's 100+ facilities worldwide.