Additive Manufacturing and Jigs, Fixtures and Tooling
In this paper, you will learn the arguments for additive manufacturing jigs, fixtures and tooling (JFT). You will discover that these reasons remain consistently clear from low-to-high production volumes, and for facilities around the globe under tight time and cost pressures.
If you’re assembling anything, anywhere, you should be 3D printing your manufacturing aids on open-source desktop printers. And we’ll lay out the case for exactly why.
- How additive manufacturing can save 50 to 80 percent of the cost compared to manufacturing aids produced at an external machine shop
- How this same process will deliver components in days, instead of the weeks or even months it takes to outsource essential manufacturing aids
- How new material advances offer advantages over their metal counterparts
- A thorough breakdown of cost and efficiency benefits enabled by additive manufacturing
- Concrete examples of the iterative design benefits of 3D printing JFT